This week, WhiskyCast is in Lebanon, Kentucky for the Marion County Country Ham Days Festival. This year’s festival honors Independent Stave’s Kentucky Cooperage, the local cooperage that supplies barrels for all but one of Kentucky’s bourbon distilleries, and you’ll get a rare insider’s tour in this special episode of WhiskyCast. In fact, the cooperage supplies 9 out of every 10 casks for the county’s only distillery, Maker’s Mark in nearby Loretto, and we’ll also hear from master distiller Kevin Smith.
The Latest Whisky News
- Jeff Arnett Steps Down As Jack Daniel’s Master Distiller
- Second Wave of Whisky Events Facing Covid-19 Cancellations
- The Last Drop’s 1970 Glenrothes Single Malts and a Mystery of Whisky
- Europe’s Whisky Tariffs Reach the “Terrible Twos” for U.S. Distillers
- Nearest and Jack Team Up Again with $5 Million Whiskey Diversity Initiative
- Kentucky Bourbon Festival Moving to October for 2020
- Pandemic to Keep Glenfarclas Visitors Centre Closed For 2020
- Covid-19 Pandemic Threatens U.S. Craft Distilling Industry
- Support the Hospitality Community with #Buzz4Bartenders!
- Bourbon Festival Board Meets As Covid-19 Event Cancellations Reach Kentucky