This week, WhiskyCast is in Lebanon, Kentucky for the Marion County Country Ham Days Festival. This year’s festival honors Independent Stave’s Kentucky Cooperage, the local cooperage that supplies barrels for all but one of Kentucky’s bourbon distilleries, and you’ll get a rare insider’s tour in this special episode of WhiskyCast. In fact, the cooperage supplies 9 out of every 10 casks for the county’s only distillery, Maker’s Mark in nearby Loretto, and we’ll also hear from master distiller Kevin Smith.
The Latest Whisky News
- Cleanup Work to Begin After Bourbon Warehouse Collapse
- O.Z. Tyler Distillery Rickhouse Suffers Partial Collapse
- Pernod Ricard Returns to Kentucky with Rabbit Hole Acquisition
- Potential Changes in U.S. Spirits Sizes Draw Mixed Reactions
- TTB Considering Change That Could Open US Whisky Market
- Blackened Whiskey Names Rob Dietrich Master Distiller
- Suspense, Intrigue, and Whisky Fill the Screen in “Four”
- Tasting Diageo’s Game of Thrones Single Malts
- The Worst #@*$ Whisky I’ve Ever Tasted!
- Two Hurt in Tank Failure at Barton 1792 Distillery