With St. Patrick’s Day just around the horizon, it’s time for Part 1 of a 2-part series on Irish Whiskeys. In this episode, we’ll hear from the Master of Whiskey Science at Irish Distillers’ Midleton Distillery, David Quinn. He’ll explain the basic difference that makes Irish whiskeys unique, and tell us about the new Jameson Rarest Vintage Reserve. In the news, distilling veteran Stuart Nickerson unveils the plans to revive the mothballed Glenglassaugh Distillery, and we’ll hear about two new Balvenie limited editions…and why drinking whisky can save the Earth.
The Latest Whisky News
- Cleanup Work to Begin After Bourbon Warehouse Collapse
- O.Z. Tyler Distillery Rickhouse Suffers Partial Collapse
- Pernod Ricard Returns to Kentucky with Rabbit Hole Acquisition
- Potential Changes in U.S. Spirits Sizes Draw Mixed Reactions
- TTB Considering Change That Could Open US Whisky Market
- Blackened Whiskey Names Rob Dietrich Master Distiller
- Suspense, Intrigue, and Whisky Fill the Screen in “Four”
- Tasting Diageo’s Game of Thrones Single Malts
- The Worst #@*$ Whisky I’ve Ever Tasted!
- Two Hurt in Tank Failure at Barton 1792 Distillery