Alan Winchester is Master Distiller for The Glenlivet, along with overseeing distilling operations at all of the Chivas Brothers distilleries in Scotland. This June, he’ll celebrate his 40th anniversary in the Scotch Whisky industry, and he sat down with WhiskyCast’s Mark Gillespie to discuss the past, present, and future of Scotch Whisky during the Spirit of Speyside Festival.
The Latest Whisky News
- Suspense, Intrigue, and Whisky Fill the Screen in “Four”
- Tasting Diageo’s Game of Thrones Single Malts
- The Worst #@*$ Whisky I’ve Ever Tasted!
- Two Hurt in Tank Failure at Barton 1792 Distillery
- Impact of Tariffs Dampens U.S. Whiskey & Spirits Industry in 2018
- 2018 A Record Year For Scotch Whisky Exports
- Kentucky Distillers and Retailers At Odds Over “Distillery Exclusive” Whiskies
- Bourbon’s Economic Impact Booms in Kentucky
- Walsh Whiskey, Italy’s Illva Saronno Split Up in “De-Merger”
- British Columbia’s #FreeOurWhisky Campaign Now in Second Year