Being a brand ambassador for a major whisky brand sounds like a lot of fun…and it is, but it’s also a job with perks like jet lag, lost luggage, flight delays, and occasionally, a trip to the local police station. Some of the whisky world’s top brand ambassadors shared their tales from the road with us at the 2014 Victoria Whisky Festival in Canada, including Laphroaig’s Simon Brooking, Michael Urquhart of Gordon & MacPhail, Iain McCallum of Morrison Bowmore, Kilbeggan’s John Cashman, Ranald Watson of Springbank, Canadian Club’s Tish Harcus, and Peter Wills of Kilchoman. They’ll tell you what it’s like to spend 200+ days on the road each year, along with their favorite airports and airlines…and their least favorite as well!
The Latest Whisky News
- Suspense, Intrigue, and Whisky Fill the Screen in “Four”
- Tasting Diageo’s Game of Thrones Single Malts
- The Worst #@*$ Whisky I’ve Ever Tasted!
- Two Hurt in Tank Failure at Barton 1792 Distillery
- Impact of Tariffs Dampens U.S. Whiskey & Spirits Industry in 2018
- 2018 A Record Year For Scotch Whisky Exports
- Kentucky Distillers and Retailers At Odds Over “Distillery Exclusive” Whiskies
- Bourbon’s Economic Impact Booms in Kentucky
- Walsh Whiskey, Italy’s Illva Saronno Split Up in “De-Merger”
- British Columbia’s #FreeOurWhisky Campaign Now in Second Year