Being a brand ambassador for a major whisky brand sounds like a lot of fun…and it is, but it’s also a job with perks like jet lag, lost luggage, flight delays, and occasionally, a trip to the local police station. Some of the whisky world’s top brand ambassadors shared their tales from the road with us at the 2014 Victoria Whisky Festival in Canada, including Laphroaig’s Simon Brooking, Michael Urquhart of Gordon & MacPhail, Iain McCallum of Morrison Bowmore, Kilbeggan’s John Cashman, Ranald Watson of Springbank, Canadian Club’s Tish Harcus, and Peter Wills of Kilchoman. They’ll tell you what it’s like to spend 200+ days on the road each year, along with their favorite airports and airlines…and their least favorite as well!
The Latest Whisky News
- Pandemic to Keep Glenfarclas Visitors Centre Closed For 2020
- Covid-19 Pandemic Threatens U.S. Craft Distilling Industry
- Support the Hospitality Community with #Buzz4Bartenders!
- Bourbon Festival Board Meets As Covid-19 Event Cancellations Reach Kentucky
- Brays Released From Idaho Jail, Trial Set for July
- Distillers Hoping to be Part of Coronavirus Solution While Fighting to Stay in Business
- Coronavirus Forces Cancellation of Islay’s Fèis Ìle
- Spirit of Speyside & Campbeltown Whisky Festivals Cancelled
- Scottish Distillery Tours Added to Coronavirus Cancellations
- “Last Orders” for Ireland’s Pubs Tonight to Limit Coronavirus Spread