On June 22, 2018, half of Warehouse 30 collapsed at the Barton 1792 Distillery in Bardstown, Kentucky, spilling around 9,000 barrels of whiskey. The rest of the warehouse collapsed on July 4 with another 9,000 barrels. Crews have been working since then to recover as many barrels – and as much Bourbon – as possible. The site is closed to reporters, but Sazerac has released a video and new images showing cleanup work at the warehouse site.
The Latest Whisky News
- Suspense, Intrigue, and Whisky Fill the Screen in “Four”
- Tasting Diageo’s Game of Thrones Single Malts
- The Worst #@*$ Whisky I’ve Ever Tasted!
- Two Hurt in Tank Failure at Barton 1792 Distillery
- Impact of Tariffs Dampens U.S. Whiskey & Spirits Industry in 2018
- 2018 A Record Year For Scotch Whisky Exports
- Kentucky Distillers and Retailers At Odds Over “Distillery Exclusive” Whiskies
- Bourbon’s Economic Impact Booms in Kentucky
- Walsh Whiskey, Italy’s Illva Saronno Split Up in “De-Merger”
- British Columbia’s #FreeOurWhisky Campaign Now in Second Year