On June 22, 2018, half of Warehouse 30 collapsed at the Barton 1792 Distillery in Bardstown, Kentucky, spilling around 9,000 barrels of whiskey. The rest of the warehouse collapsed on July 4 with another 9,000 barrels. Crews have been working since then to recover as many barrels – and as much Bourbon – as possible. The site is closed to reporters, but Sazerac has released a video and new images showing cleanup work at the warehouse site.
The Latest Whisky News
- Jeff Arnett Steps Down As Jack Daniel’s Master Distiller
- Second Wave of Whisky Events Facing Covid-19 Cancellations
- The Last Drop’s 1970 Glenrothes Single Malts and a Mystery of Whisky
- Europe’s Whisky Tariffs Reach the “Terrible Twos” for U.S. Distillers
- Nearest and Jack Team Up Again with $5 Million Whiskey Diversity Initiative
- Kentucky Bourbon Festival Moving to October for 2020
- Pandemic to Keep Glenfarclas Visitors Centre Closed For 2020
- Covid-19 Pandemic Threatens U.S. Craft Distilling Industry
- Support the Hospitality Community with #Buzz4Bartenders!
- Bourbon Festival Board Meets As Covid-19 Event Cancellations Reach Kentucky