Parker Beam and Jimmy Russell were part of the Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame’s inaugural class in 2001, and on September 16, 2015, Jimmy helped present Parker with the Hall of Fame’s first Lifetime Achievement Award. The award has been named for Parker as a tribute to the longtime Heaven Hill master distiller, who has been fighting ALS for the last three years. After the presentation, both Bourbon legends sat down with WhiskyCast’s Mark Gillespie for a chat.
The Latest Whisky News
- Second Wave of Whisky Events Facing Covid-19 Cancellations
- The Last Drop’s 1970 Glenrothes Single Malts and a Mystery of Whisky
- Europe’s Whisky Tariffs Reach the “Terrible Twos” for U.S. Distillers
- Nearest and Jack Team Up Again with $5 Million Whiskey Diversity Initiative
- Kentucky Bourbon Festival Moving to October for 2020
- Pandemic to Keep Glenfarclas Visitors Centre Closed For 2020
- Covid-19 Pandemic Threatens U.S. Craft Distilling Industry
- Support the Hospitality Community with #Buzz4Bartenders!
- Bourbon Festival Board Meets As Covid-19 Event Cancellations Reach Kentucky
- Brays Released From Idaho Jail, Trial Set for July