Parker Beam and Jimmy Russell were part of the Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame’s inaugural class in 2001, and on September 16, 2015, Jimmy helped present Parker with the Hall of Fame’s first Lifetime Achievement Award. The award has been named for Parker as a tribute to the longtime Heaven Hill master distiller, who has been fighting ALS for the last three years. After the presentation, both Bourbon legends sat down with WhiskyCast’s Mark Gillespie for a chat.
The Latest Whisky News
- Pandemic to Keep Glenfarclas Visitors Centre Closed For 2020
- Covid-19 Pandemic Threatens U.S. Craft Distilling Industry
- Support the Hospitality Community with #Buzz4Bartenders!
- Bourbon Festival Board Meets As Covid-19 Event Cancellations Reach Kentucky
- Brays Released From Idaho Jail, Trial Set for July
- Distillers Hoping to be Part of Coronavirus Solution While Fighting to Stay in Business
- Coronavirus Forces Cancellation of Islay’s Fèis Ìle
- Spirit of Speyside & Campbeltown Whisky Festivals Cancelled
- Scottish Distillery Tours Added to Coronavirus Cancellations
- “Last Orders” for Ireland’s Pubs Tonight to Limit Coronavirus Spread