Parker Beam and Jimmy Russell were part of the Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame’s inaugural class in 2001, and on September 16, 2015, Jimmy helped present Parker with the Hall of Fame’s first Lifetime Achievement Award. The award has been named for Parker as a tribute to the longtime Heaven Hill master distiller, who has been fighting ALS for the last three years. After the presentation, both Bourbon legends sat down with WhiskyCast’s Mark Gillespie for a chat.
The Latest Whisky News
- Fets Whisky Kitchen Loses SMWS Legal Battle with British Columbia Regulators
- Cleanup Work to Begin After Bourbon Warehouse Collapse
- O.Z. Tyler Distillery Rickhouse Suffers Partial Collapse
- Pernod Ricard Returns to Kentucky with Rabbit Hole Acquisition
- Potential Changes in U.S. Spirits Sizes Draw Mixed Reactions
- TTB Considering Change That Could Open US Whisky Market
- Blackened Whiskey Names Rob Dietrich Master Distiller
- Suspense, Intrigue, and Whisky Fill the Screen in “Four”
- Tasting Diageo’s Game of Thrones Single Malts
- The Worst #@*$ Whisky I’ve Ever Tasted!