Parker Beam and Jimmy Russell were part of the Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame’s inaugural class in 2001, and on September 16, 2015, Jimmy helped present Parker with the Hall of Fame’s first Lifetime Achievement Award. The award has been named for Parker as a tribute to the longtime Heaven Hill master distiller, who has been fighting ALS for the last three years. After the presentation, both Bourbon legends sat down with WhiskyCast’s Mark Gillespie for a chat.
The Latest Whisky News
- Suspense, Intrigue, and Whisky Fill the Screen in “Four”
- Tasting Diageo’s Game of Thrones Single Malts
- The Worst #@*$ Whisky I’ve Ever Tasted!
- Two Hurt in Tank Failure at Barton 1792 Distillery
- Impact of Tariffs Dampens U.S. Whiskey & Spirits Industry in 2018
- 2018 A Record Year For Scotch Whisky Exports
- Kentucky Distillers and Retailers At Odds Over “Distillery Exclusive” Whiskies
- Bourbon’s Economic Impact Booms in Kentucky
- Walsh Whiskey, Italy’s Illva Saronno Split Up in “De-Merger”
- British Columbia’s #FreeOurWhisky Campaign Now in Second Year