The second weekend of April means The Masters for golf lovers, but for fans of Maker’s Mark Bourbon, it means horse racing and a visit to the distillery in the heart of Kentucky’s Bourbon Country. More than a thousand people lined up at Keeneland Race Course in Lexington on Friday (April 10) for the annual Keeneland charity bottle signing featuring University of Kentucky basketball legends. The next day, more than 4,000 people descended on the tiny town of Loretto, Kentucky for the distillery’s annual Maker’s Mark Handcraft Festival.
The Latest Whisky News
- Suspense, Intrigue, and Whisky Fill the Screen in “Four”
- Tasting Diageo’s Game of Thrones Single Malts
- The Worst #@*$ Whisky I’ve Ever Tasted!
- Two Hurt in Tank Failure at Barton 1792 Distillery
- Impact of Tariffs Dampens U.S. Whiskey & Spirits Industry in 2018
- 2018 A Record Year For Scotch Whisky Exports
- Kentucky Distillers and Retailers At Odds Over “Distillery Exclusive” Whiskies
- Bourbon’s Economic Impact Booms in Kentucky
- Walsh Whiskey, Italy’s Illva Saronno Split Up in “De-Merger”
- British Columbia’s #FreeOurWhisky Campaign Now in Second Year