The second weekend of April means The Masters for golf lovers, but for fans of Maker’s Mark Bourbon, it means horse racing and a visit to the distillery in the heart of Kentucky’s Bourbon Country. More than a thousand people lined up at Keeneland Race Course in Lexington on Friday (April 10) for the annual Keeneland charity bottle signing featuring University of Kentucky basketball legends. The next day, more than 4,000 people descended on the tiny town of Loretto, Kentucky for the distillery’s annual Maker’s Mark Handcraft Festival.
The Latest Whisky News
- Cleanup Work to Begin After Bourbon Warehouse Collapse
- O.Z. Tyler Distillery Rickhouse Suffers Partial Collapse
- Pernod Ricard Returns to Kentucky with Rabbit Hole Acquisition
- Potential Changes in U.S. Spirits Sizes Draw Mixed Reactions
- TTB Considering Change That Could Open US Whisky Market
- Blackened Whiskey Names Rob Dietrich Master Distiller
- Suspense, Intrigue, and Whisky Fill the Screen in “Four”
- Tasting Diageo’s Game of Thrones Single Malts
- The Worst #@*$ Whisky I’ve Ever Tasted!
- Two Hurt in Tank Failure at Barton 1792 Distillery