The second weekend of April means The Masters for golf lovers, but for fans of Maker’s Mark Bourbon, it means horse racing and a visit to the distillery in the heart of Kentucky’s Bourbon Country. More than a thousand people lined up at Keeneland Race Course in Lexington on Friday (April 10) for the annual Keeneland charity bottle signing featuring University of Kentucky basketball legends. The next day, more than 4,000 people descended on the tiny town of Loretto, Kentucky for the distillery’s annual Maker’s Mark Handcraft Festival.
The Latest Whisky News
- Pandemic to Keep Glenfarclas Visitors Centre Closed For 2020
- Covid-19 Pandemic Threatens U.S. Craft Distilling Industry
- Support the Hospitality Community with #Buzz4Bartenders!
- Bourbon Festival Board Meets As Covid-19 Event Cancellations Reach Kentucky
- Brays Released From Idaho Jail, Trial Set for July
- Distillers Hoping to be Part of Coronavirus Solution While Fighting to Stay in Business
- Coronavirus Forces Cancellation of Islay’s Fèis Ìle
- Spirit of Speyside & Campbeltown Whisky Festivals Cancelled
- Scottish Distillery Tours Added to Coronavirus Cancellations
- “Last Orders” for Ireland’s Pubs Tonight to Limit Coronavirus Spread