Ready to take the challenge? Share this! Tasted a new whisky? Share this!
Gavin Hewitt is stepping down next month after ten years as the chief executive of the Scotch Whisky Association, balancing the needs of member whisky companies with the industry’s overall best interests as Scotch whisky sales have exploded globally. On this week’s WhiskyCast In-Depth, he’ll go through the highlights of the last ten years and a few things he would have done differently. In the news, Diageo says it doesn’t need to make a bid for Beam to succeed in the Bourbon business, Wild Turkey brings back its 101-proof Rye whiskey, and we’ll have a complete roundup of new whiskies hitting the market this week.
- Time Running Out for U.S. Distillers on Excise Tax Extension
- Covid-19 Complicates Supplies of Crown Royal, Other Spirits
- Kentucky Bourbon Diversity & Inclusion Panel to Offer Recommendations
- Rise in Covid-19 Cases Claims More Whisky Events
- Gordon & MacPhail Unveils “The Cairn Distillery”
- Kentucky Bourbon Distillers Set New Records in 2019
- Book Review: Wright Thompson’s “Pappyland”
- Chris Fletcher Named Jack Daniel’s Master Distiller
- Jeff Arnett Steps Down As Jack Daniel’s Master Distiller
- Second Wave of Whisky Events Facing Covid-19 Cancellations