Ready to take the challenge? Share this! Tasted a new whisky? Share this!
Gavin Hewitt is stepping down next month after ten years as the chief executive of the Scotch Whisky Association, balancing the needs of member whisky companies with the industry’s overall best interests as Scotch whisky sales have exploded globally. On this week’s WhiskyCast In-Depth, he’ll go through the highlights of the last ten years and a few things he would have done differently. In the news, Diageo says it doesn’t need to make a bid for Beam to succeed in the Bourbon business, Wild Turkey brings back its 101-proof Rye whiskey, and we’ll have a complete roundup of new whiskies hitting the market this week.
- Jeff Arnett Steps Down As Jack Daniel’s Master Distiller
- Second Wave of Whisky Events Facing Covid-19 Cancellations
- The Last Drop’s 1970 Glenrothes Single Malts and a Mystery of Whisky
- Europe’s Whisky Tariffs Reach the “Terrible Twos” for U.S. Distillers
- Nearest and Jack Team Up Again with $5 Million Whiskey Diversity Initiative
- Kentucky Bourbon Festival Moving to October for 2020
- Pandemic to Keep Glenfarclas Visitors Centre Closed For 2020
- Covid-19 Pandemic Threatens U.S. Craft Distilling Industry
- Support the Hospitality Community with #Buzz4Bartenders!
- Bourbon Festival Board Meets As Covid-19 Event Cancellations Reach Kentucky