Ready to take the challenge? Share this! Tasted a new whisky? Share this!
Gavin Hewitt is stepping down next month after ten years as the chief executive of the Scotch Whisky Association, balancing the needs of member whisky companies with the industry’s overall best interests as Scotch whisky sales have exploded globally. On this week’s WhiskyCast In-Depth, he’ll go through the highlights of the last ten years and a few things he would have done differently. In the news, Diageo says it doesn’t need to make a bid for Beam to succeed in the Bourbon business, Wild Turkey brings back its 101-proof Rye whiskey, and we’ll have a complete roundup of new whiskies hitting the market this week.
- “Star Trek” Economics & Whisky Prices in a Post-Tariff World
- U.S. Suspends Single Malt Whisky Tariffs During Talks with Great Britain & Europe
- British Government Freezes Spirits Duties in Budget’s Covid Response
- Conor McGregor’s Future with Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey in Question
- Pandemic Leads to 66% Decline in 2020 Kentucky Bourbon Trail Visits
- Japanese Whisky Industry Defines Standards for “Japanese Whisky”
- Islay’s 11th Whisky Distillery Gets the Green Light
- Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival Postponed Until November
- US Spirits Industry Makes Gains in 2020 Despite Covid, Tariffs
- 2021 Islay Festival Cancelled on Covid-19 Concerns