The days when each Scotch Whisky distillery malted its own barley are long gone, and only a few distilleries still have malting floors. Now, most distilleries get their malt from one of the 11 commercial maltings in Scotland, and we’ll go inside Diageo’s Port Ellen Maltings on Islay for a look at the process of malting barley – one of the first steps in making whisky.
The Latest Whisky News
- Pandemic to Keep Glenfarclas Visitors Centre Closed For 2020
- Covid-19 Pandemic Threatens U.S. Craft Distilling Industry
- Support the Hospitality Community with #Buzz4Bartenders!
- Bourbon Festival Board Meets As Covid-19 Event Cancellations Reach Kentucky
- Brays Released From Idaho Jail, Trial Set for July
- Distillers Hoping to be Part of Coronavirus Solution While Fighting to Stay in Business
- Coronavirus Forces Cancellation of Islay’s Fèis Ìle
- Spirit of Speyside & Campbeltown Whisky Festivals Cancelled
- Scottish Distillery Tours Added to Coronavirus Cancellations
- “Last Orders” for Ireland’s Pubs Tonight to Limit Coronavirus Spread